Hunting Extravaganza/Memphis

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
damnyankee
Veteran

Postby damnyankee » Sat Aug 11, 2001 3:37 pm

Did anyone go? What do they have up there I'm thinking of going Sunday.
goosebruce
Duck South Addict

Postby goosebruce » Sat Aug 11, 2001 5:33 pm

They had the same as last year. And the year before. And the year before..... travis
damnyankee
Veteran

Postby damnyankee » Sat Aug 11, 2001 5:57 pm

I've never been, any good?
goosebruce
Duck South Addict

Postby goosebruce » Sat Aug 11, 2001 7:22 pm

Oh, Im sorry man, I thought you wuz here last year by then, and assumed you went. Yeah, its worth going too. Me and drew and ty and tj went last night, it was tj's first show (3.5). TJ had to 'ride' every single 4 wheeler, pug, boat, lawnmower, golf cart, & jet ski in the show. SO needless to say, it took us bout 3 times as long to see everything as it should. And eating there was like feeding your kids at the movies, we shudda stopped and got burgers on the way. But nuff stuff there to make it worth going. I thinky I bought drew a new duck call ($15) and everything else we spent was on crap (trout fishing tank, cokes, $4 hamburgers). If you where really going to go to buy stuff, as always, buy in the last hour, when them boys gonna have to load that crap up. travis
judge jb
Duck South Addict

Postby judge jb » Sat Aug 11, 2001 7:39 pm

that last hour was when i bought the NEW mossy oak rice, that is good for what-ever part of MS. you live in...ha.... just didn't do well in my neighborhood....{at the DU fest.} always make a stop at the Krystil in Germantown... can fill this big belly for 5 bucks.... them is good little burgers..... a trip to the beer tent will cost you a six-pack at the convienient store, prices are high but the trip is fun and makes ole timers like me try and figure a cheeper way out......

judge jb
chance
Duck South Addict

Postby chance » Mon Aug 13, 2001 9:02 am

One thing different from last year was that great big ole grizzle bear. When he stood up he looked like a furry mountain.
damnyankee
Veteran

Postby damnyankee » Mon Aug 13, 2001 10:20 am

Well I went, paying the extra dollar to see the snake exhibit was about the only thing that made the show worth going to, of course driving through the monsoon on the way home was fun too.
I think they had the Robos covered, I saw now the even have Robo-varmit!!
Got a free cork strip from the Echo guy so it wasn't a total waste.

Return to “General Discussion Forum”