Tell Me a Question

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
stonekold
Regular

Tell Me a Question

Postby stonekold » Wed Sep 05, 2001 6:16 pm

I know the locals don't like outsiders invading them ( we don't like it here) but if I was to come to MS to hunt, how much would an out of state license cost me? Hunting license, state duck stamp, and whatever else is involved. I might start now to plan a trip, but there is no way I can make it before at least next year. However I would like to get my ducks in a row.
Thanks fellas
landscaper
Duck South Addict

Tell Me a Question

Postby landscaper » Wed Sep 05, 2001 7:16 pm

If you want to buy an all game license that will last you all year, your looking at big bucks. $300 to be exact. A seven day all game license will run you $125. I think, though, that all you will need is a small game license to hunt ducks (don't quote me on that) in which case you are looking at $75 for all year and $30 for a seven day permit. The state waterfowl stamp will cost you an extra $10 regarless of which route you go. You should also look into the cost of permits if you are going to be hunting WMA's or public lands. They usually run about $13.
As far as not liking out of state hunters goes, I can only speak for myself. I think, though, that most would say we welcome you as long as you act like you expect us to act in your state. Besides, the big dollars that non-residents pay for licenses really helps us out!
Hope you get to come hunt with us. Good luck.

[ September 05, 2001: Message edited by: landscraper ]
landscaper
Duck South Addict

Tell Me a Question

Postby landscaper » Wed Sep 05, 2001 7:23 pm

Call 1-800-5GO-HUNT to order and find out mo better info.
stonekold
Regular

Tell Me a Question

Postby stonekold » Wed Sep 05, 2001 7:24 pm

Yeah I guess I need to explain that one. A couple of years ago, some yankees came down with their big money and bought up all the land that our club was leasing so that they could have their own private hunts while we had to break up the club and find somewhere else to hunt. After 3 years I still haven't found anywhere I really like. But I gues out of staters coming in for a couple of days worth of hunting bring in some good money to help out hunting grounds for locals.
mississippi
Regular

Tell Me a Question

Postby mississippi » Wed Sep 05, 2001 7:44 pm

hey stonecold, you can got to mdwfp.com to find out about license info and all that.
BirdDawgHunter
Regular

Tell Me a Question

Postby BirdDawgHunter » Thu Sep 06, 2001 7:41 am

I'm looking at the 2001 Outdoor Digest now, and everything landscraper told you is correct. The only correction I'd make is that I don't think any of the state WMA's or public lands (National Forests) require a $ permit, just the federal NWR's. The Yazoo NWR Complex has a $12 permit that you need to order a couple of weeks in advance if you can't get to their office on a weekday to pick one up before you hunt.

Also good advice to check out the mdwfp.com website.
Anatidae
Duck South Addict

Tell Me a Question

Postby Anatidae » Thu Sep 06, 2001 12:43 pm

I could care less what planet ANY 'waterfowler' comes from.........and by waterfowler, I mean a person that practices ethics and etiquette, afield.....and one who is considerate of his fellow 'waterfowlers'. [img]images/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img] (whole 'nother subject) [img]images/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

It's the inconsiderate folks (resident or otherwise) that CAN make hunting on public areas so dreadful. I don't even mind inexperienced hunters (that don't know any better), as much as some veterans that know better, yet have little or no regard for others. [img]images/smiles/icon_sad.gif[/img]

This "I'll do whatever (and in some cases, whoever) I HAVE to, to kill a duck" 'mentality', really that makes it tough to enjoy huntin', sometimes. Folks like that can really test your faith and patience. [img]images/smiles/icon_mad.gif[/img]

[ September 06, 2001: Message edited by: Anatidae ]
Boykin
Veteran

Tell Me a Question

Postby Boykin » Thu Sep 06, 2001 12:49 pm

The only other fee you might have to pay is an ATV permit for Delta National. $3 per day or $10 for the season.

Return to “General Discussion Forum”