Oh, now I get it.....

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
GulfCoast
Duck South Addict

Oh, now I get it.....

Postby GulfCoast » Mon Sep 03, 2001 6:43 pm

So there I was, out by my house, getting my boat and blind ready for teal season, like so....

and this cute-as-a-button little girl comes riding up to me on her powerpuff girls bike with training wheels, and a bike helmet that looks like a strawberry....and she watches me start to put up the blind, like so....

then, she walks around and around the blind once I have it up, like this.....

And then she scrunches up her face really thoughtfully, and says, "OH, I get it, you don't want the fish to be able to see you!"

Silly me, all this time I had it wrong [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

[ September 03, 2001: Message edited by: GulfCoast ]
Greenhead22
Duck South Addict

Oh, now I get it.....

Postby Greenhead22 » Mon Sep 03, 2001 7:33 pm

Damn GC, you mean you have to go to all that trouble just to catch a fish. [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

I tell 'ya the fish these days have some pretty sharp eyes, even when looking up from 10 ft. deep. The girl might have it right.
[img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
go24
Duck South Addict

Oh, now I get it.....

Postby go24 » Mon Sep 03, 2001 8:52 pm

"Kids say the darndest things"!

Nice rig you got there.
RedEyed Duck
Duck South Addict

Oh, now I get it.....

Postby RedEyed Duck » Tue Sep 04, 2001 12:54 pm

Thanks for the laugh GC!
johnny

Oh, now I get it.....

Postby johnny » Tue Sep 04, 2001 6:51 pm

All your stuff looks so new and shiny!
Have you used that blind yet? If so, how does it work? Looks like a nice rig.
GulfCoast
Duck South Addict

Oh, now I get it.....

Postby GulfCoast » Tue Sep 04, 2001 7:07 pm

Hey Iceman: It don't look so new and shiny in person! Except for the trolling motor, that is pretty new. Saltwater ate my last one. My wife is always yelling at me to get "that ugly boat" away from the house 'cause it embarrases her [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

I have hunted the snot out of that blind. It is a beavertail, and it works great, except for having to pick up the edge for the dog to get out. Takes 3 times longer to type than to do, but the dog can go psycho in that split second wanting to get out. Other than that, and the fact I could not get it in a Mossy Oak pattern, I like it fine.
judge jb
Duck South Addict

Oh, now I get it.....

Postby judge jb » Tue Sep 04, 2001 7:16 pm

good one Gulf... looks as thou you live in a nice neighborhood...... try to get the Mayor to send some one out to clean the grass clippings out of your curb....haha... good pics and good fun..... thanks i needed that.... nice rig you have there... my rig resembles the neighborhood i live in.....haha.....{mainly, not a house in site on my back-road}... good luck and have fun....

judge jb
GulfCoast
Duck South Addict

Oh, now I get it.....

Postby GulfCoast » Tue Sep 04, 2001 8:35 pm

Hey Judge: I mow the empty lot next door being a good neighbor (and to cut down on the mosquitos) but I will be darned if I am gonna edge thier curb for them!
BirdDawgHunter
Regular

Oh, now I get it.....

Postby BirdDawgHunter » Thu Sep 06, 2001 9:01 am

Speakin' of dogs, GC, will you be taking yours out in the marsh during teal season? I've been planning on taking mine, but I also keep talking myself out of it because of the gators. I've never seen any up in the little marsh pond I plan to hunt, but I still can't help but worry about it.
GulfCoast
Duck South Addict

Oh, now I get it.....

Postby GulfCoast » Thu Sep 06, 2001 2:09 pm

There is no way I would take a dog out this time of year, especially in the early morning. If not alligators, now you have to worry about the sharks......

Return to “General Discussion Forum”