What takes longer?

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
Jordan River
Veteran

Tough Guys

Postby Jordan River » Thu Feb 27, 2003 12:12 pm

Yeah, we're tough. Last night, went home, got the wife in the living room, told her there was gonna be some changes roun' this place. Ha, yeah, told her I was fixin' to get rid of the furniture and get som' o' that shadow grass camo couches and chairs. Told her flat out the bedrooms were gonna be changed and new duck and deer scenes on the bed spreads, curtains, etc. I found some ceiling fans with camo blades and duck shaped connectors at the Homestead in Dyersburg an' I told that woman they were goin' up in all the rooms. Told her my canada goose was goin' to be hung over the mantel. As I was walkin' out back to smoke, I said to her, "And if'n you don't like it, well, I'll splain it to ya agin when I'm thru outside.......I walked outside congratulating myself for bein' the strong, manly type; an' I was smilin' too cause I just showed her who's king of this castle! :lol: After I was done smokin', I went an' pulled on the patio door....dang! :evil: Somehow I musta accidentally locked it when I went ouside! :? Hey, no big deal. The kids was sittin' at the kitchen table doing their homework, so a knock on the door is all it takes an' I'm back in my warm castle. It was kinda cold, seein' that all I had on was shorts and a t-shirt, no shoes or socks. WHAT?! My kids musta got deef all of a sudden cause they didn't hear me knock, an' didn't even look up at the door! Then the wife comes in the kitchen, an' I smile cause she'll see me and gladly open the door! She keeps doin' whatever it was she was doin' and evidently she done got deef, too! :? By this time, the wind kicks up a little, starts that freezin' rain again, an' I'm yelling in my most manly voice for someone to open the door! :x Well, to make a long story short, bout twenty minutes later, the wife comes to the patio door, an' after a few more minutes of her just standing there looking at me lookin' at her lookin' at me, she finally sees the look on my face she been waitin' fer, opens the door, lets me in, and, as she walks away, says, "I guess the decorating discussion is over, huh?" I look over at my boy, he looks at me, shakes his head, laughs, and realizes where his big sis obtained the ability to do what she does to her Daddy. He says, "Pops, that ain't never gonna happen to me, cause I'm gonna control my women." (He got that from me). I wince a little because I know someday that boy will pay the price, too! Some things we jus' have to learn the hard way. :oops: Yeah, we're tough, alright.
Harleys and Redneck Women are the keys to a good life
D1
Duck South Addict

Postby D1 » Thu Feb 27, 2003 2:12 pm

YEAH I AM IN CHARGE AT MY HOUSE.......when she says I am
Thanks
Bruce

dogs are only as good as their trainers,and trainers are only as good as their dogs

Romans 14:11
D1
Duck South Addict

Postby D1 » Thu Feb 27, 2003 2:16 pm

YEAh I AM IN CHARGE AT MY HOUSE,in charge of the vacuum cleaner, dish washer,washing machine and the dryer
Thanks

Bruce

dogs are only as good as their trainers,and trainers are only as good as their dogs

Romans 14:11
Drake
Veteran

Postby Drake » Thu Feb 27, 2003 3:30 pm

I tell you what - listening to y'all will make a man want to stay single. During hunting season, the only woman I have to keep happy is my mother. And, she doesn't have much choice except putting up with my hunting because she birthed me!!! But there are other times when a wife would be much appreciated. One day...if only she cooks, cleans, and has a daddy with a couple thousand acres of prime duck hunting land.
In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.
- Thomas Jefferson

Return to “General Discussion Forum”