Ryder Cup

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
DeltaCotton12
Duck South Addict

Ryder Cup

Postby DeltaCotton12 » Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:24 pm

I just received a phone call from my PGA Golf Management director from Ms State informing me that I was one of four chosen for an all expense paid trip to the Ryder Cup this year. We'll leave on a Sunday, and return on a Sunday. We'll be working in the merchandise tent. I'm pumped about this.

I also wrap up my internship at Southwind this Sunday. My first day was Jan 6th was my first day. Boy it flew by. Working the Stanford ST Jude was a very cool experience. Not only do I have a PGA tour event for my resume, I'll now add a Ryder Cup.

Anyone headed up there this year to check it out?
H20fowlkiller
Duck South Addict

Re: Ryder Cup

Postby H20fowlkiller » Wed Aug 06, 2008 6:26 am

That is freaking awesome where are they playing this year, i havent been watching much tv lately
Bankermane
Duck South Addict

Postby Bankermane » Wed Aug 06, 2008 7:22 am

I'm for Europe. Go you lymies. :D :D :D
"Being white ain't all its cracked up to be"

"Fighting on the internet is like competing in the Special Olympics...Even if you win, you're still retarded"...
DeltaCotton12
Duck South Addict

Postby DeltaCotton12 » Wed Aug 06, 2008 8:30 am

They are playing in louisville, Ky. Not to far of a drive. About seven hours from stark. I'm pumped.
Bankermane
Duck South Addict

Postby Bankermane » Wed Aug 06, 2008 8:35 am

Wear a Rainbow Afro and holler ,"You da Man ! !" so we can all see you. :D :D :D
"Being white ain't all its cracked up to be"

"Fighting on the internet is like competing in the Special Olympics...Even if you win, you're still retarded"...
CBRADGO
Veteran

Postby CBRADGO » Wed Aug 06, 2008 8:54 am

That's freakin' awesome, definitely the experience of a lifetime, congrats. I was in PGM for a year and a half, right after Dr. Jones died and Scott ran it into the ground took over. Kinda regret not completing it but I didn't have the grades to co-op so I just got my regular BBA. Is Dr. Lemay still running it?
DeltaCotton12
Duck South Addict

Postby DeltaCotton12 » Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:04 am

Dr Lemay no longer runs it. Jeff Adkerson is the current PGM director. The name actually has changed from Professional Golf Management to PGA Golf Management. We have a year to get everything changed over.

My level one books are due Sept 10th. So you can guess what i'm doing in my spare time.

My boss at Southwind is taking all of the PGM interns to Spring Creek. I just don't know what all the hype is. Southwind is by far the nicest golf course I've ever played. But I'm excited none the less.
NIPP
Regular

Postby NIPP » Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:12 am

One of best friends dad is a member at spring creek. I think you will be very impressed.
River Hunter
Veteran

Postby River Hunter » Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:33 am

Wow that will be a great experiance for sure not to mention a hugh win for the resume. The graduation to get a job rate from that program is outstanding good luck

You aint been hunting till you been river huntin
CBRADGO
Veteran

Postby CBRADGO » Wed Aug 06, 2008 5:56 pm

Level I stuff sucks but it does get better, just gotta be patient. Wish I would've taken/had that advice 10 years ago...
duckkiller
Duck South Addict

Postby duckkiller » Wed Aug 06, 2008 6:08 pm

DCB are you in PGM? I was at MSU majoring in Turf Grass but decided to move on down to Florida and go to school at Lake City, and I to just finished up my internship with FarmLinks over near Birmingham. Actually one of my boss's this summer interned at Spring Creek 2 yrs ago and has recommended that I look into it so let me know what you think about the course
Life is to short to only fish on weekends
DeltaCotton12
Duck South Addict

Postby DeltaCotton12 » Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:39 pm

Fresh back from my spring creek trip. I shot a 79 with a seven and three 3 putts. I hit the ball well today, but my putter was my down fall.

I really enjoyed the layout of the course. Its in the middle of nowhere, all you hear is birds and the creeks as you pass them. The course was a bit More open than I had imagined, but the harness of the greens made up for that. The course has suddle rolling hills and plenty of small lakes and streams.

As far as which course is harder, southwind or creek, southwind is by far the more challenging course. Both have exceptional beauty, but if different ways. Spring Creek is more more natural setting, as southwind is more urban setting.

Spring Creek was in very good shape. I enjoyed it very much.

Killa, yes i'm in PGM. Entering my second year. We have two MS State grads at Southwind right now from turf grass.

Any you boys wanna get together for some golf in stark this fall? Move day is the 10th. I'm pumped.
ACEINTHEHOLE
Duck South Addict

Postby ACEINTHEHOLE » Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:13 pm

Delta, I am by nowhere in your league on the course. But I enjoy playing and have a good time. Let me know when you wanna play.
River Hunter
Veteran

Postby River Hunter » Thu Aug 07, 2008 4:08 am

You aint been hunting till you been river huntin
DeltaCotton12
Duck South Addict

Postby DeltaCotton12 » Thu Aug 07, 2008 4:50 am

Yes its aggravating to three putt.

Return to “General Discussion Forum”