that time of year

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
LawDawg
Duck South Addict

Re: that time of year

Postby LawDawg » Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:38 am

here you go.

"Yea, I went hunting once. Shot the deer in the leg, had to kill it with a shovel. it took about an hour." - Michael Scott

http://alectaylor.smugmug.com/
huntersmky
Duck South Addict

Postby huntersmky » Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:13 pm

LawDawg
Duck South Addict

Postby LawDawg » Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:20 pm

He's borderline. I would let him walk because he would have been a stud this year for sure. Looks like a good 3.5 year old, just knowing the location.

He might be 4.5, but either way, he was definitely going to be bigger this year.
"Yea, I went hunting once. Shot the deer in the leg, had to kill it with a shovel. it took about an hour." - Michael Scott

chopper30
Duck South Addict

Postby chopper30 » Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:18 pm

Drake88
Veteran

Postby Drake88 » Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:49 pm

Helluva deer, did they catch the guys who shot this deer lawdawg?
"3 words can sum everything I have learned in life up, IT GOES ON"
LawDawg
Duck South Addict

Postby LawDawg » Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:03 pm

yea, that's the sebasterpool crowd.

Drake88
Veteran

Postby Drake88 » Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:35 pm

good deal they got caught, sad deal that the deer didnt reach his potential
RNT
Veteran

Postby RNT » Tue Jun 28, 2011 3:03 pm

nice deer, hate to see it shot. Had one over 180 or 190 around my general area give or take. taken a few years back in full velvet.
Cut em' Boys
SNEAKER
Veteran

Postby SNEAKER » Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:16 am

There was a big 8 point killed west of Flora. Don't think they caught the guy, but shot was heard and a guy questioned. I heard he was a sheriff from another county (shame if thats true). The deer was found a little later in a corn field. 150ish 8 pt. Makes you wonder how many deer are poached that people never even know about. It's gotta be a very small percentage that people find out about.
Drake88
Veteran

Postby Drake88 » Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:09 am

This is a situation were we have to face the facts truly. Look at how many wildlife officers there are per county and then look at how big each county is. Its truly like trying to find a needle in a hay sack at times unless the guys are going to the same spot over and over and they can pattern the guys. Kinda like the sebastapool guys. The amount of deer that are shot illegally is very high, but farmers have got more involved and started to put the fear in some peoples eyes. I hunt on 1500 acres off 22 in Hinds county and several years back it was awful and Hinds Cty has stepped up and patrols more and also puts the decoy out. All my LEO buddies say that most guys are middle aged and most of the time from out of town. My sister was in a pagent awhile back and I bit the bullet to go watch, there was a 5 year old there and they asked what her favorite thing to do was and she said ride around with her dad at night and try to get a big buck with the big flashlight... Only in Miss
huntersmky
Duck South Addict

Postby huntersmky » Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:29 am

Well it takes some big balls to ride down Virillia or 22 in Madison County with the intention to shoot a deer. I ride those roads quite often just to look at deer and I pass a minimum of 2 sherriff's each time I go. It's a big loop but none the less even the biggest buck in the U.S. wouldn't even make me think twice about pulling out my rifle and shooting from those roads. I have, on the other hand, never run into a game warden while riding out that way. When the river is up you can easily see a 100 deer on that loop
Drake88
Veteran

Postby Drake88 » Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:35 am

LawDawg
Duck South Addict

Postby LawDawg » Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:15 am

drake slayer
Veteran

Postby drake slayer » Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:48 pm

Over in the Humphreys County area they are probably getting pretty excited only another month or two and they'll be riding around every night ready to shoot some nice ones. If you havent seen the one that was in full velvet a few years ago i think it was in the 190 inch area and it hasn't stopped nor will it ever.
Quack Quack , BAM!!!!!!!!
LawDawg
Duck South Addict

Postby LawDawg » Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:56 pm

Return to “General Discussion Forum”