Lot of race threads lately

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
cwink
Duck South Sponsor

Re: Lot of race threads lately

Postby cwink » Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:11 pm

http://safefireshooting.com/
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them"
-George Washington
Doc & Nash
Duck South Addict

Postby Doc & Nash » Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:23 pm

Conservation is number one to all true outdoorsmen

Trey Edwards
UH HRCH Nashs' Legend MH RIP 8/11/02- 10/12/12
The yet to be named Chocolate Dawg
Doc & Nash
Duck South Addict

Postby Doc & Nash » Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:26 pm

Conservation is number one to all true outdoorsmen

Trey Edwards
UH HRCH Nashs' Legend MH RIP 8/11/02- 10/12/12
The yet to be named Chocolate Dawg
Hambone
Duck South Addict

Postby Hambone » Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:29 pm

I think that most folks are expressing frustration with certain negative cultural norms that we see daily in Mississippi. They are rightly worried about a growing national trend of bringing things down to a low common denominator, rather than trying to inspire people to lift themselves up and be productive.
duckhunterdoc
Veteran

Postby duckhunterdoc » Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:57 pm

Last several post IMO nailed a lot. 1. can't save an animal ( i doubt i discuss Jesus with the next crackhead that busts up into my house) ( first one was white, so that is not Raceist 2. Maybe can help some unfortunate people--but only probably if they want help (ask Jesus- he will say who, where , when) 3. See #2, heck , they got me doing it too, why does anything white on black have the term Race, but black on white or red on yellow does not? Maybe because History first termed it so. 4. hating a whole race due to Color is not Christian. But we are not the first to "Hate the Hater" MLK may have had it down, but i don't think many followers did, or we would not have "reverse discrimination"....Also to think there is not 'tendency' in the black race in the south is BLINDNESS( even if you argue socioeconomics and not genetics) however to judge simply due to color is dangerous waters in my book. Now to add my own observations, i think a lot of the post refered to as "distasteful" are probably that to some and would be a slap in the face to some visitors from Townelsewhere USA, for for the most part they are from People venting and when they say reggin or whatever slan they mean a subset of the Black race, that they would usually include a subset of the human race(white trash)....meaning they probably don't hate , or say off color things about every Black they Know or see. I try not to use the N word, but for it to be purely Racist (evil) then BLacks need to take it out of their music and Quit using it themselves. BACK to the original question "why ""lot of race threads Lately"....-something has made a lot of people RAW...maybe his name is O and it appears his policy of giving more and more to the Non-workers (as we work) ,and seeing these people(who includes a lot of the black race) throw it into our face has made us sick...throwing the country further into debt(for the sake of HIS voters) is further dividing the races, not pulling them together......hey, but then again it's summer, hot, maybe we're just all on edge as summer usually brings an increase in crimminal activity and crazy people...and by the way, if anybody moves their family to a terrible neighborhood,well..just post the pictures if you do..that is back to helping people that want help, and, a difference in turning the other cheek vs jumping off a cliff to see if the Angels save you.
SNOT
Duck South Addict

Postby SNOT » Tue Jul 14, 2009 3:21 pm

duckshooter.76
Veteran

Postby duckshooter.76 » Tue Jul 14, 2009 4:27 pm

BOOM,BOOM,BOOM-"The Duck Commander"
Ordek Avci
Veteran

Postby Ordek Avci » Tue Jul 14, 2009 4:30 pm

Anyone can be a fisherman in May.
-Ernest Hemingway
duckhunterdoc
Veteran

Postby duckhunterdoc » Tue Jul 14, 2009 4:57 pm

Ordek, i promise i am not calling you out, I tip my hat that you lived in another country and followed the Lord in that manner. I too served some time (only a week) in a 3rd world country,(medical missions), this is the sort of thing that makes a diff. BUT being single and doing this is one thing(or going by yourself-family at home) I think that it is largely different to move your FAMILY...to an area across town and subject others(your family) to a higher crime rate ie. dangerous living. Have i done something similar as you in another country-YES...do i admire to single girls crossing racial boundries, absolutly....would i think if they lived in "cracktown" they may be "tempting the Lord" very well could be...if the girls you pictured brought along their own children to live in "cracktown" would i have issues with that---probably so....would i make that move to "cracktown" with my Family ..pretty sure not... the Lord would have to make it very clear...and i am sure i would not make the move to prove I am not Racist- or sacrfice my children even for the chance of winning crackheads to Christ....when i think of what God did with his Son- for us..it is mind boggling---I WILL not pretend i can do that...Sorry Ordek, we will have to Disagree on this one(and i hope pleasently and in Christ), But, solo mission trips and family ventures into danger i find different. and Moving to South Jackson to help race relations as an idea on a forum is one thing---I don't mean this ugly( please forgive how it sounds) But you will have to post that picture
lilwhitelie
Duck South Addict

Postby lilwhitelie » Tue Jul 14, 2009 5:08 pm

The ones that want help get it the ones that want handouts get em too. It is how they are raised and brought up. Sadly "racism" and handouts are being taught as deserved and owed. When I say "they" I am speaking of white and black. Working in the health care industry will help you in preserving racist ways if you have even the slightest bit in ya. It never ceases to amaze me the attitudes and number of "minority" races that actually think they are owed free health care etc. Ask them for employer contacts and of course they are not employed. They are taught early on why work when we are being taken care of for free. This trend will not stop until free handouts are cut back somewhat and they are taught to fend for themselves somewhat. Years ago mexicans used to come in and actually pay cash for visits way more than any other race but boy has that changed.... now they have learned to say they have no id, no phone, and NO MONEY. No way of even knowing if info is correct so they get no bill I am sure. Jackson is headed NOWHERE there is no saving it. What does that say??? I don't know of a soul that wants to live there and try and SAVE jackson. Christian or not it is about safety. Nobody wants to be where they don't feel safe. Funny if a black or white issue comes up and it was clear in the pres election that blacks stick with blacks and whites well they don't seem to do that anymore. What does that show??? It was CLEAR in election demographics in MS. Does that mean whites are more "open" to blacks or think decisions through not solely based on race?? THANK GOD I LIVE IN RANKIN COUNTY.
HRCH JB'S LIL WHITE LIE
Ordek Avci
Veteran

Postby Ordek Avci » Tue Jul 14, 2009 5:17 pm

Did you not click on that first link? I put it first because I knew that you would bring up the singleness thing. That is a family who chose to move to downtown Jackson for the purpose of racial reconciliation, helping the poor, and advancing the kingdom.

There are many families that live right along side the three single girls in Cracktown. I just don't know those families, and thus don't have pictures of them.

There were also many families that lived and worked in Turkey with me. One family was from the quaint little city of Forest, MS, and took their four boys with them. Honestly, I was one of only two single guy missionaries in the whole city in the two years I was there. And also, there were three fathers killed not too far from what I lived. One left behind children, along with his wife, and they remain in that city today. You can read about them here. http://www.compassdirect.org/en/display ... &rowcur=25

Don't misunderstand me duckhunterdoc, I am not going to pass judgment on any decision you have made. I don't know you and don't pretend to. And I am not presumptuous enough to believe that I can tell you what God's plan for your life is. But I do hope that through this thread, maybe someone out there will be spurred on to do a good deed, to try and bridge that massive chasm that exists between the races, and will offer hope to someone out there who is hopeless. And maybe, just maybe, God will show this city grace and mercy and bless it with peace and prosperity.

And, as a funny little side note, I did live in South Jackson for the last year.
Anyone can be a fisherman in May.

-Ernest Hemingway
lilwhitelie
Duck South Addict

Postby lilwhitelie » Tue Jul 14, 2009 5:30 pm

HRCH JB'S LIL WHITE LIE
mudsucker
Duck South Addict

Postby mudsucker » Tue Jul 14, 2009 5:43 pm

Long Live the Black Democrat!
GEAUX LSU!
WHO DAT!
DO,DU AND DW!
SNOT
Duck South Addict

Postby SNOT » Tue Jul 14, 2009 5:43 pm

Meeka
Duck South Addict

Postby Meeka » Tue Jul 14, 2009 6:36 pm

Fix your own heart, then worry about how everyone else is out to get you or doing you wrong. Hating the others with a bad heart is not the answer, but it is the easy path, and unfortunately, the popular one in the area I love. Hate does not remedy, it fuels the fire. Hate is not the answer, unfortunately it is popular.
HRCH Bwanna Sharkey JH

Wouldn't a condo at the beach be nice!!!?

Return to “General Discussion Forum”