Any Y'all Been Ta Arkieland...

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
Ducks be us
Duck South Addict

Any Y'all Been Ta Arkieland...

Postby Ducks be us » Tue Mar 29, 2005 4:34 pm

"You get what you put in and people get what they deserve..." Hank Jr. and Kid Rock
waterfowlwidowmaker
Duck South Addict

Postby waterfowlwidowmaker » Tue Mar 29, 2005 5:41 pm

A few buddys and I went a couple of years back. We went were the White river and the Buffalo rivers meet. It was one beautiful place. The place we went you rented log cabins right on the bluff overlooking the rivers. He also had boats you could rent by the hour when the water would get up, the rest of the time we just walked out the back door and wadded out in the river and started fishing. We didn't catch anything very big, mostly 15"-23", but we sure did catch a bunch of em! Those suckers were fun to catch too!

I'll be going back for sure!
Soybean Man
Veteran

Postby Soybean Man » Tue Mar 29, 2005 5:57 pm

There are many good places to go from Marcella and north. I have fished the area at Sylamore by Jack's Landing the most. Campgrounds near, cabins or hotel. Caught a 4 lb. Rainbow about 200 yards from the dock a few years back. A guide is good when the fishing is slow or to learn where to fish. There are many public ramps. Calico Rock and Optimus are other good areas. More fly fishing farther north toward Cotter. Gaston's is also a great place with a private landing strip and cabins and great food. More good fishing as far up as Beaver Dam and below Table Rock also. You can't go wrong most places you go. But most folks have a favorite area and mine is around Jack's. I have done well on a spinner with corn and went with a guide once and fished Panther Martins and Rapala Countdowns. When they are biting, most "trout" lures will do. Good luck.
BeastMaster
Duck South Addict

Postby BeastMaster » Tue Mar 29, 2005 6:48 pm

caught a 12lb rainbow just above calico rock.... beautiful up there.... took a buddy up there one year that had never been trout fishing... we caught 60 in a 1 hr period..... the next year i took caller1 and i think we may of caught 15 in 3 days... hit and miss....he sure is a jinx
And to all the beasts of the earth and all the birds of the air and all the creatures that move on the ground-everything that has the breath of life in it, they will be your food.
South Woods
Veteran

Postby South Woods » Tue Mar 29, 2005 7:48 pm

Send lab-dog 4 a pm. He goes up there every year to a place that is probably what you are looking.
jtdumallard
Duck South Addict

Postby jtdumallard » Wed Mar 30, 2005 8:19 am

Ducks be us
Duck South Addict

Postby Ducks be us » Wed Mar 30, 2005 8:58 am

I had it narrowed down to 3 places...1 of wich was this one. The wife is telling me ta book it...Thanx! :wink:
"You get what you put in and people get what they deserve..." Hank Jr. and Kid Rock
jtdumallard
Duck South Addict

Postby jtdumallard » Wed Mar 30, 2005 9:13 am

i promise you wont be disappointed. just call miles, hes a good guy and a home town mississippi boy. and if theres anyone that can put on a group of fish, he can, and if he cant then his wife sho can.hehehe
SwampMan
Veteran

Postby SwampMan » Wed Mar 30, 2005 10:10 am

waterfowlwidowmaker
Duck South Addict

Postby waterfowlwidowmaker » Wed Mar 30, 2005 1:24 pm

Rileys is the place we went. That is one beautiful place! Does he still have the gobbler and hen behind his house? That ole gobbler was glad when I left. I bet I was making him gobble 500 times a day! Great place to go!!!

Return to “General Discussion Forum”