starkville area

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
missed mallards
Duck South Addict

starkville area

Postby missed mallards » Wed Apr 06, 2005 12:48 pm

if you live in the area or are real familiar with the area i need ya'lls help. i'm tryin to find a place to rent. house, apartment, something but don't know the area to look or any idea's. tryin to get over this summer around May to find a job hopefully. kind of put it off till the last minute. if ya'll know of any place's i can check on just let me know. would like a place to accomadate a dog but it's not nesassary. something priced reasonable also would be nice. thanks
regishay
Duck South Addict

Postby regishay » Wed Apr 06, 2005 12:51 pm

Dont know how old you are, but College station or The Commons will lease you an apartment for around 250-300. Course you will have a roommate or three. Alot of students will sublease there apartment for less than that also. Course they dont allow dogs.
crowder critter
Duck South Addict

Postby crowder critter » Wed Apr 06, 2005 1:47 pm

i lived in the commons when i was there, but i would recommend a place outside town, i cant remember the name of it but it had cabin like houses on a lake, it was called something lake if i remember but a buddy of mine lived there and it was nice maybe some of these other fellows know what i am talking about and can give you the name
dawg-n-duck
Duck South Addict

Postby dawg-n-duck » Wed Apr 06, 2005 2:00 pm

I believe he is referring to Ridge Lakes that is about 5 minutes from town. I would recommend these places, because they are nice and pet friendly.
Happy Happy Happy
DuckDeke
Veteran

Postby DuckDeke » Wed Apr 06, 2005 2:00 pm

CC, was that the place out 389. If so, pretty cool place indeed. I can't remember the name of it either though
waterfowlwidowmaker
Duck South Addict

Postby waterfowlwidowmaker » Wed Apr 06, 2005 2:00 pm

I lived in the Cotton District for a while when I was in school. Its pretty nice, real close to everything, but kind of a pain in the but for a dog. My brother lived out at the lake that crowder critter istalkin about, its called Ridge Lakes. That place is great for dogs and you got a couple of lakes to fish in. I would check it out
dawg-n-duck
Duck South Addict

Postby dawg-n-duck » Wed Apr 06, 2005 2:06 pm

I lived down from the Cotton District when i was there in Glen Hollow and it was being so close to everything, but if I had to do it again i would live out fom town a bit. You might also try Dogwood or whatever they call it now. They have some dog friendly condos and are on lakes and a golf course that is up and gettingm better.
Happy Happy Happy
crowder critter
Duck South Addict

Postby crowder critter » Wed Apr 06, 2005 2:14 pm

thanks fellas, it has been a while and i could not remember the name of it, but when my buddy moved out there i wanted to move there too but i had already signed a lease, this place is heaven, i wouldnt want to live anywhere else
jdbuckshot
Duck South Addict

houses

Postby jdbuckshot » Wed Apr 06, 2005 2:14 pm

i live in a house in town with a fenced in back yard and a sun room we keep the dogs in during the day while we are out. i rent it from crabtree realators, they are good and have alot of houses. check with them!
"The rich ..... who are content to buy what they have not the desire to get by their own exertions, These are the real enemies of Game."
crowder critter
Duck South Addict

Postby crowder critter » Wed Apr 06, 2005 2:14 pm

thanks fellas, it has been a while and i could not remember the name of it, but when my buddy moved out there i wanted to move there too but i had already signed a lease, this place is heaven, i wouldnt want to live anywhere else
DuckDeke
Veteran

Postby DuckDeke » Wed Apr 06, 2005 2:14 pm

Cotton district sure is fun...but certainly on the pricey side for Starville.
go24
Duck South Addict

Postby go24 » Wed Apr 06, 2005 7:17 pm

Speaking of pricey--I was in NYC not long ago. A 1 bedroom flat in Manhattan goes for $2500 per month :shock: :shock:

Think I'll just stay here in the promised land!
mshunter77
Duck South Addict

Postby mshunter77 » Wed Apr 06, 2005 7:22 pm

i currently rent from crabtree properties they are pretty good and pretty reasonable, there are a ton of different realators to rent from. if you give a little more specifics like price range # of bedrooms etc. i may can give you a better idea. There are good deals to be had if you look around i just found me a bedroom house with 280 acres of hardwoods for 400 a month.
Greenhead22
Duck South Addict

Postby Greenhead22 » Wed Apr 06, 2005 7:46 pm

I stayed on South Nash in the Cotton District for 3 yrs and loved it. Didn't have to worry about driving to Rick's or Hunt Club......The Grill, Flo and Eddie's, The Pub and Bistro were within walking distance. I moved in to an addition of a house and paid $250/month and that was all. It was probably twice the size of a normal dorm room, kinda small but I had a kitchen, frig, bathroom, everything.........beat the heck out of having to stay on campus on the 9th floor of the dorm. :roll:
Bully
Veteran

Postby Bully » Wed Apr 06, 2005 8:00 pm

Justin

Return to “General Discussion Forum”