That is my President

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
BigCountry
Veteran

That is my President

Postby BigCountry » Thu Mar 06, 2003 9:25 pm

How about our president. He really showed some guts tonight in his press conference. I am proud to say that i have a president with a backbone. When asked if he would proceed without U.N. approval, he said that for the safety of the american people and to protect our freedom he doesn't need anyones permission. he also said that libery is not America's gift to the world, but God's gift to every human being. I loved it.

I can't remember everything he said, and i can't put all the emotions i am feeling into words. All I can say is i am DAMN PROUD of what he said and how he basically told all the anti war panzies to kiss his ass. I can't say it enough i am proud he is our man.

Heres to you President Bush. Give'em hell.[/b]
maybe next year will be better
WATERTURKEY
Regular

Postby WATERTURKEY » Thu Mar 06, 2003 9:30 pm

AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!! COUNRTY
THOSE BUNCH A TREE HUGGIN , ANTI WAR PANZIES WOULD FEEL DIFFERENT IF THAT HARRY IDIOT FROM IRAQ DROPS A BOMB!!

AND TO ALL OUR BOYZ AND GIRLS IN THE SAND........GIVE EM HELL
LET UM LAND.....WHO NEEDS DECOYS!!!!
Delta Duck
Duck South Addict

Postby Delta Duck » Thu Mar 06, 2003 9:32 pm

He made it clear, come next week the other countries will have to show their cards to the world.
"Ducks on the Brain"
It's always better with a good dog and good friends, Ducks and no Terrorist!
http://www.DeltaDucks.com
hotty toddy
Duck South Addict

Postby hotty toddy » Thu Mar 06, 2003 9:41 pm

I hope Saddam was watchin (I'm pretty sure he was) and I hope he pissed his pants.

I think it is clear now that we are going in very soon. And there is nothing the pansies in France or here can do about it. All those peacnics just dont realize that the right to free speech they are using now was paid for by the sweat and blood of our soldiers and leaders in the past. Peace when dealing with these fundamentalist idiots can only come after whooping um.

I dont know about everybody else but I almost cheered outloud when he stood up and said that he prays every day and he thanked everyone for their prayers.

God bless America and George W!!!!!!!!!!!!!
D1
Duck South Addict

Postby D1 » Thu Mar 06, 2003 9:49 pm

missed it because of revival at church this week.......... however sounds like he set the record straight
Thanks
Bruce

dogs are only as good as their trainers,and trainers are only as good as their dogs

Romans 14:11
Doc & Nash
Duck South Addict

Postby Doc & Nash » Fri Mar 07, 2003 7:39 am

He made it very clear that he does not give a damn about the UN. He has followed the rules and at this point he still has a job to do. After all close to 5000 americian citizens have lost their life. His responsibility as The Americian President is to ensure Americia is safe and econoically stable and that is what he is about to do.

I hate that it is going to take the US going out on a limb to stop all this liberial BS that has this world is such rambels. But I think we are the only one's who can do it. And it is best to take the war to them before they bring it to us again.

I imangine that as soon as the first rocket is launched, countries like France, Germany, ect will realize that they only have one choice to make.

The only thing that bothers me is North Korea. But we have kicked their ass before and we will do it again.
Conservation is number one to all true outdoorsmen

Trey Edwards
UH HRCH Nashs' Legend MH RIP 8/11/02- 10/12/12
The yet to be named Chocolate Dawg
River Hunter
Veteran

Postby River Hunter » Fri Mar 07, 2003 8:04 am

Yea you know if Clinton was half the man Bush is we would not be going thru this. It would already be done :roll:

You aint been hunting till you been river huntin
crow
Duck South Addict

Postby crow » Fri Mar 07, 2003 8:49 am

I'm still praying Saddam will see the handwriting and step down and go live somewhere else. But, common sense tells me better. I do not want this war, either for us or for all the Iraqi people who have no say in what goes on there. But, if the dogs of war are turned loose, I hope we turn them all loose and hold nothing back and stop nowhere short of complete anihilation of Hussein's regime. What bugs me is how short European memory is. France tried to accomodate Hitler by letting him ignore the Treaty of Versailles and it cost them so much. Russia signed a treaty with Hitler to try keep him off them, and millions of Russians paid with their lives. The Pope supported Hitler right up until Hitler kicked the Vatican out of Germany. And, now, they can't see the wholesale truth that Hussein is just Hitler lite! The only country that learned anything is England. They screwed up by trying to avoid war with Germany and got paid back in steel (bombs). But, they see the similarities here. I just can't understand the total denial of the past by Russia, France, and the Vatican. What's the old verity, "Those who ignore the past are doomed to repeat it."

But, if we can't be spared this conflict, I say turn the wrath of an angry nation loose and don't hold nothing back. Don't stop until the red, white, and blue flys over Bagdad!
Unlucky Ducky
Veteran

Postby Unlucky Ducky » Fri Mar 07, 2003 9:21 am

I certainly am proud of President Bush and his stance on this issue. He made it totally clear that either the rest of the world can move forward with us or we'll do it alone if we must. Its time the UN take a stand and make a hard, tough decesion, just as OUR President has done.
I think most will agree, nobody WANTS war, but this situation will only get more difficult to deal with the longer it is allowed to continue. As President Bush stated, He took an oath to protect America and its people and with or without the UN's permission he plans to protect OUR country.
I'm not old enough to remember Veitnam and the protest, but I think the overwhelming majority of people understand what must be done and will support the President and especially the troops. It will be up to us that support the President and the actions of the US to be a louder voice (a voice of support, encouragement, and honor) than the protesters and anti-war supporters.

GOD BLESS THE UNITED STATES, OUR PRESIDENT, & OUR MEN & WOMEN IN THE ARMED FORCES.
Don't be stupid, you idiot.
peewee
Duck South Addict

Postby peewee » Fri Mar 07, 2003 10:56 am

Thank God for the President we have right now. Think about if we had Gore in this situation.
Peewee
Haymaker
Veteran

Postby Haymaker » Fri Mar 07, 2003 1:14 pm

I don't even want to think about what kind of shape we would be in if Gore was in charge!!! Clinton reduced spending on the military and then tried to use it and the military didn't have the equipment it needed when it needed it in Somolia(sp?). I did see Bush's speach but watched parts of it this morning, and I liked what I heard. I don't want to see a war take place but if one is takes place, I think that Bush and his advisors will not hold anything back. I think that they are paying attention and remembering the past so that we don't travel that same road twice. If the Allies had gone in and made Hitler disarm when they should have WWII would never have been as bad as it was. I feel that Bush knows this and would rather deal with Iraq now rather than later when the situation could get much worse. Hopefully North Korea will pay attention and abandon their desires have nuclear weapons

Haymaker
lefthorn
Veteran

Postby lefthorn » Fri Mar 07, 2003 1:49 pm

chance
Duck South Addict

unpopular stand

Postby chance » Sat Mar 08, 2003 6:55 am

skygazer
Regular

Postby skygazer » Sat Mar 08, 2003 7:28 am

featherduster