kennel ?

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
benelli870
Regular

kennel ?

Postby benelli870 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:52 pm

I would like to know if anybody has ever bought a dog are know someone that has a dog from Stewart Kennels in Oxford Mississippi, been checking around, these folks have been doing it along time, the gentleman I talked to yesterday is the father of Mike Rose of Wild rose Kennels,I am kinda leaning towards a Britsh LAB, if anybody knows anything, please post up .. THANK YOU!!!!!
GulfCoast
Duck South Addict

Re: kennel ?

Postby GulfCoast » Mon Dec 13, 2010 4:32 pm

Pick the parents, based on their titles/working skills/dispositions, and not a particular kennel or a "flavor" of lab. If the sire and dam of the litter you are looking at meet your criteria, then go for it. There are some fine UK labs, and many fine US labs, all with similar dispositions. You just have to do your homework, which starts with the sire and dam.

I might suggest, if you are looking for a lab from British FIELD TRIAL lines, you may also wish to consider Tom Hamilton at http://www.brackenfen.com or Haynes Floyd at TT British Labs. My HRCH MH bitch is from Bracken Fen, and I know several HRCH UH MH dogs out of TT's kennels. http://www.britlabs.com/ Look for Tommy or Thor as sires in Bracken Fen dogs, or AI from Quill, and Spud and Sweep at TT. Pay careful attention to the bitch lines and maternal grandsire, and health clearances.

Good luck with your search for a new puppy. Enjoy the journey!
So many ducks, so little time....

HRCH (500) UH Ellie Mae MH (2005-2017)
HRCH Tipsy MH
Zsa-Zsa Puppy
huntergirlhotty
Veteran

Postby huntergirlhotty » Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:24 pm

check your email
lovelylab
Regular

Postby lovelylab » Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:41 pm

check your e-mail
skuna
Duck South Addict

Postby skuna » Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:41 pm

just go to the local pound and get something that looks like it might have some lab in it and bring it home. Get you some Kumpi dog food and start feeding 3 good cups a day. Pretty soon you will have all the dog you can handle.

:roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:

seriously, take GC's advice.
UH HRCH Jack's Aces and Eights (ACE)
HR Roux's Jewel O'Da Bayou (ROUXBY)(2004-2006)

Return to “General Discussion Forum”